Saturday, October 1, 2016

Sentiment Challenge

Hello Everybody!

October is here!  And it seriously is one of my favorite months of the year.  There's fall and pumpkins and Halloween.  The weather starts to cool off and it's so nice.

This month's challenge at Creative with Stamps is also super nice-it's about sentiments.  Make sure you show them off! :)

I used a sentiment stamp from Great Impressions, and it's one of my favorite birthday stamps.  I was playing with gelatos and wanted to see what two different colored cards would look like.




Here is the green one.
  


Here are the gelatos that I used and how I colored a border around the sentiment first.  Then I used a paint brush and water to blend the colors together.  Once it was dry I used Stickles around the edge.


Here is the purple card.  One of the gelatos was metallic so there is a little sparkle in on this card besides the glittery border.


Here are all of the supplies for the purple card except the Stickles.  I used Ranger's platinum embossing powder.


Be sure to check out the team's creative take on this month's challenge.  And we can't wait to see what you make!

Don't forget to add this to your post. :)

I would like to link this to the following challenges:




Until next time my friends...See ya later alligator! :)  




6 comments:

Maria Valente said...

Love these cards! Using the gelatos makes the sentiment pop!
Hugs, Mary

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh these are gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monika Reeck said...

I never have gelatos
and looking you show it made me want to have gelatos
lovely idea using a big sentiment and the colors green and purple (nice sentiment too)
beautifully made dear Katy
hugs and see you at my DT Sentiment card soon
Monika

Billie A said...

Great cards. I have those color thing but never used them. Great idea what you did. I'll have to try it.

Helen F. said...

Fabulous birthday cards, Katy! Love that sentiment stamp too.

Michelle said...

I love gelatos and like what you did with them.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination Good luck!! Michelle(DT)