Friday, October 21, 2016

Halloween Vignette Box

Hello Everybody!

I follow Tim Holtz on a few different social platforms.  And I have been so inspired by the Halloween projects that he has been posting from different people using his awesome products.

So today I am showing you a little Halloween Vignette Box.  All of the products are Tim's except the black paint I used to paint the Vignette Box and the cheesecloth that is spiderwebs (totally got that from one of the photo's Tim posted.  Creative genius!)  Also, the frame that the picture is in is from Making Memories.  It was nice and square and purple until I cut it down to fit into the vignette box and dabbed black distress paint on it.  I had to draw a little jack o lantern face on the TH pumpkin.  :)



Here is the breakdown of this little box.  For the pumpkin I drew the jack o' lantern face on it with a precision pen (american crafts).  The back design is the back of a found relative card (a scrap because I used the face in a different project, but kept it because I might use the back side one day.  And I did!!)  I dabbed crushed olive distress paint on the card.

The girl's picture is from the photobooth pictures.  I bent it to give it crease and used distress walnut ink to darken it.  And then i put it in the frame.  Here is where the Making Memories frame came from-but I had already painted it when I took this picture.


For the doll-I put collage medium crazing on it.  Then mushroom alcohol ink.  I was hoping to create the little cracks but not really.  It's so small that if there were cracks you can barely see them.  But the brown color makes the doll look even creepier so that's a positive.  :) 


The doll on the right is the original.  The one on the left is the one I used the crazying medium.

mushroom alcohol ink


Then I used dusty concord distress stain on the white rose ribbon.  I didn't have black and now I'm glad because it gives it some color-a slight contrast.  Then I glued everything down including the web from cheesecloth.

Here is another look inside of the box.



Lastly, I glued on the alpha tiles after I dabbed black distress ink around each one.  This was a super fun project-and since I have 3 more vignette boxes-I will be back with more.  :)

I would like to submit this vingette box into the following challenges:

The Mixed Media Montly Challenge-The pumpkins in the truck inspired the pumpkin in the vignette box.


Sunny Day Crafting-#19 Anything Goes

Inspiration Destination- Anything Goes #108

Until next time my friends...stay spooky :)

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous and wonderful make Katy thank you for joining us over on
Inspiration Destination
Dianne xx
IDCB DT

Donna B. said...

Love your spooky box!! Thanks for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!

Monika Reeck said...

Katy
you make it so spooky
love this much so cool
the photo is sweet and all around her is so spooky
I made Halloween treat box but not so spooky like this
two thumbs up Katy
peek on my first post sweety
its where my Treat box there hehehe LOL

Lisa H said...

very cool!! I'm a Tim fan too. ;-) Thanks for joining us at MMM this month and sharing your project. =)

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning creation! I absolutely love what you did with this!! The colours are amazing!! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at MMM