Friday, September 23, 2016

Think Rustic

Hello Everybody!

Happy Friday!  I am so excited to show ya'l this card I made.  It was inspired by the Rustic theme happening at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge right now.  I created a mood board too.  Which was pretty cool-I haven't ever put one together before.

How much fun is this!?  There was so much inspiration from the design team and then from my own board, I hardly knew how to start.  And I have this thing for rust-I think it's awesome.  LOL I know it's destructive, but look at it on those metal letters.



So here is my card:


It's for a friend of mine who's birthday has passed (like a month ago--I know I know.)  So hopefully she will forgive my tardiness.  :)

The paper is from a wood looking paper from Simple Stories.  I inked walnut stain distress ink over the paper to make it less bright.  Then I stamped a Tim Holtz plant stamp from the Spring Sprung collection.  Then I put Versamark around the edges and heat embossed Tea Dye Distress powder.  I rubbed it after it cooled down to get the filler flakes off.  

I diluted some black paint and made the flecks in the background.  For the flowers I used rusty hinge and walnut ink for the flowers and the 16 bingo chip.  The 16 is for the year.  Not my friends age-but if she want to tell people that... ;)  I'll never tell. 

I found a bee button and cut of the shank, and then painted or rubbed more like it brown paint to distress it.  The bee was a bright yellow.  I stamped the happy birthday with a Great Impressions stamp on yellow vellum.  Lastly I added Queens and Co. chocolate delight pearls.

I am entering this rustic card into the following challenges:





Thank you for stopping by today!  Until next time my friends...Have a great weekend! :)

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that flower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

Wonderful! :)

ELE said...


I like the idea of bingo numbers!
Thank you for playing along at Brown Sugar this week. We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs
Elena xxx
Brown Sugar DT

Donna B. said...

I love your mood board and your card is stunningly rustic!! Thanks so much for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Lisa - papergrace said...

How fun that you made a mood board, too!! Your card came together beautifully and I'm sure that when your friends sees such a masterpiece she'll forgive your tardiness quite fast. :) Thank you for playing along with us this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. xo