Friday, July 15, 2016

Washed Ashore Layout

Hello Everybody!

It always makes my heart happy when I can complete a 2 page scrapbook layout AND get it in the challenge before time runs out!  LOL  I am running close today!

I did the sketch at Let's Scrap (which for this sketch time is running out-but the new sketch is up!).

Here is my layout:


Here is the original sketch:


My photos were a bit smaller than I had thought-4 by 5.5 (inches).  Instead of the flowers I did a fish scene.  This exhibit was about a lady along with volunteers gathers trash from the beaches and ocean (Pacific ocean, West Coast) and she creates sculptures with the trash.  Below I put trash in quotations-I was thinking recycled material but initially it isn't.  It's a variety of stuff that gets left in the ocean.


These are the tags that go behind the 3 sculpture pictures.


Here is the title:  Letters from the silhouette machine (bubbly font?) and I glued those letters onto cheese cloth that had been used with blue and green paint on my gelli plate.  I'm glad I stored that little tidbit away.  It made for a great background for the title.  The pink shell is a plastic button glued on.  I used Beacon 3-in-1 to adhere all of this. 


For supplies:  Things in my stash:  blue cardstock, polka dot ribbon, white cardstock for letters,
fish: 2 or 3 epherema packs from K & Company, 2 shells stickers from Stickopotamus, journal sticker and pattern paper from Stampin' Up (2007)

Thank you for stopping by today!  Until next time my friends...keep scrappin! :)

4 comments:

Jonnece said...

Fantastic layout Katy. I love the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Let's scrap.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photos and that mesh material on the title!!!!!!

Rhodidodi said...

Super layout, I love the way your ribbon on the tags is spotty, so it looks like bubbles in the ocean! thank you for joining us at Let's Scrap x

Rebecca rande said...

love love love all the fishes!!!! great take on the sketch, thank you for playing along with Let's Scrap!