Friday, July 8, 2016

Gelatos Tag Birthday Card

Hello Everybody!

TGIF!  Ahhh....Friday-How we love you! :)

So today I made a card for the sketch challenge going on at Sunday Stamps.  I was totally inspired by this sketch.

So here is my card:


Paper is from Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby).  The tag I made using the Silhouette.  I embossed the tag with white embossing powder and used a Hero Stamp background stamp.  Gelatos: a dark pink, light pink, grey (squid ink) and an orange color.  I got lucky that I had the colors that matched the paper.  Then I used some of the squid ink around the edges of the main card and then a black ink.  For the sentiment I used a Stampin Up stamp and then a Paper Studios pearl on a grey cardstock.

The "ribbon" is cheese cloth that I had painted with picked raspberry paint from Tim Holtz (distress).  It got rejected from a previous project and was floating around my craft desk.  For this it was perfect! :)

Here is a closeup of the tag.  I colored the gelato "stick" directly on the tag and then smeared with my finger.  Then I took a cloth over the whole thing to wipe the embossing clean.  Super fun! :)


Here is the sketch.  There is still plenty of time to play-so c'mon! :)


Until next time my friends...have a bright and happy Friday! :)

5 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

So sweet! Love the colors and the embossed tag. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Billie A said...

Great tag and I like the embossed tag. I have one gelato stick but never used it.. I think I need to try it.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

Looks great :)

Teresa Kline said...

awesoem card, luv the fabulous designs! I am so glad you played along with us at
sunday stamps!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*