Monday, September 21, 2015

Glitter Witches

Hello Friends!

How have you been?  It seems like way to much time in between my posts!  But Halloween is coming and so is Christmas so I am hoping to make more projects to share.  :)

This past Saturday I got the treat of going to Michaels.  "Don't go crazy" my sweet husband always says...but it's almost Halloween! ;)  LOL  So I am looking for some Halloween card making paper and all they have are 12X12 stacks (minus the last 8x8 Tim Holtz Halloween that I snatched up).  One of the stacks is like black and gold Halloween-like fancy Halloween.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fancy Halloween person.  I must have orange and black and pumpkins and witches.  I didn't get any paper (also I found a new stack of Halloween paper in a Christmas order I had placed and gotten.  So glad I didn't buy any paper!) But this thought of fancy Halloween haunted me.  Why can't I do a fancy Halloween card?  What constitutes fancy?

So I used Rangers Sticky Embossing Powder with Sparkle N Sprinkle's Golden Silver glitter and created this:


It's a fancy meets grunge--LOL.  I love the brightness of this glitter-all of my other glitter and embossing powder is dark gold.  It seems like bright happy gold is everywhere.  For the background I used a Tim Holtz stencil and Viva Inka Gold (which looks better on black than I would have ever imagined.)  The witches and sentiment are both from Great Impressions stamps.

For the lace I used antique linen and tarnished brass distress stains and some black distress ink. 


I am entering this Fancy grunge card into the following challenges:



Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...stay shiny :)


6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME! LOVING those witches!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annette Allen said...

that witch image is so cool.. i love your card

Patti J said...

Love that you glittered your witches! Great card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Great Impressions!

Mynn xx said...

Katy, this totally ROCKS! I LOVE all the glitz, glam, and texture! Fabulous creation! Thank you so much for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Belinda said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge, hope you will join us again!
Hugs
Belinda
belinda-lovestamping.blogspot.com

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

I love Halloween! The witches and your glitter are wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle's Creative Challenge!