Thursday, May 21, 2015

Birthday Cake

Hello Everybody!

May is just flying by!  And in May there are lots of birthdays.  For my family there is a special little girl that we just love.  Last year I made her a card that you can find here.  It was my first pop up card and she loved it.  It still sits on her chest of drawers a year later--Oh! that makes my heart so happy!

So this year the pressure was on to do another cool card!  Thankfully I have my Silhouette machine to help me out!  (Thanks hubby!)

I made this box:

The flower is from Oriental Trading.  And when you lift the lid...

Ta da....


It's a tealight cake from the Silhouette store.  I love this little cake!  I stamped the panel with a Stampin' Up stamp.  


Here's a close up of it.  It took lots of red line tape and many hours to create this little cake-but totally worth it when I saw my little friend's face light up.  :)


I am entering this cake card into the following challenges:

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends....let's have our cake and eat it too! ;)


2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh this is amazing! LOVING that cake!!!!!!

* Shell B.* said...

Fabulous cake in a box, great design!
Glad you could join us for the challenge at Your ScrapBook Place, hope to see you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ YSBP~DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com