Friday, August 29, 2014

A Teacher Gift

Hello Everybody!

This week at the Great Impressions Blog we are making teacher gifts.  I thought a little homemade box with goodies in it would be nice.

So using my Cricut machine and the Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More Cartridge I cut out a box top and bottom.

For the outside of the box I used E492 Twirly Background.  For the tag I used the sentiment B193 So Thankful for You.


Before I stamped the background I used Distress Inks and water to make it colorful.


Here is how it looked afterwards.  I made two sets (in case I didn't like one I had a backup.) ;)


For the drawer I used F427 Lace Border.  And I added a button. 


Here is what the paper looked like before I made flowers.  I used the following stamps: J106 The Rose (that's the handwriting), E645 Retro Spirals, K94 Distressed Background.  


Then I used the Tattered Floral die from Tim Holtz.  For the leaves I used mowed lawn on dictionary paper and used a Tim Holtz leaf die (not pictured).


Some more distressed ink and a cool brad later....


For the sides I used F387 Wild Flowers.  I used Distress Markers to color the stems green and the flowers pink.



So what did I put inside of this little box?  Post-It Notes, paper clips, and some Smarties.  :)


Thank you for stopping by!  If you are looking for more inspiration you can check out Great Impressions Stamps on Facebook and on Pinterest!  

Until next time my friends...Love your teachers-they do so much! :)

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and the flower!!!!

Mynn xx said...

This is totally AWESOME, Katy! LOVE the colors and all the fun texture stamping! And look at how many GI stamps you used!!! LOVE! :) HUGS! Mynn xx