Saturday, June 7, 2014

Shark Time

Hello Everybody!

I made this little card for a one of my son's friends who is having a birthday.  He loves sharks and that is the theme of his birthday.  So I was looking through my Life is a Beach Cricut Cartridge  and cut this shark card out.

It's 3.5 by 3.5.  For the water I took a piece of clear scraps (which comes in sheets but is thicker than a transparency but you can cut it and emboss it etc) and added alcohol inks to it.  I do think that Ranger's alcohol inks are magical.  Each time is a different result.  I took two blues and the silver and inked the applicator and then there is water.  :)

I used a Faber-Castell white PITT artist pen to outline the shark.  Maya Arts twine outlines the card.

I added a googly eye and a birthday hat and now he is ready to party!



I went on YouTube to see how to make an envelope for it.  I have the Martha Stewart score thing with the envelope and was able to get the measurements and see how to do it.  (Which is easy by the way) :)

I am entering this cute lil' shark into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Magic-Alcohol Inks are magical.  (and so is my cricut really!) :)


Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...I'm ready for some cake and ice cream! :)


7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooo fun!!!!

Taunya Butler said...

Dang cute shark card that made me smile and giggle a little too!! Very well done!! Taunya Butler at
http://daisiesgirl.com

Suzanne C said...

Adorable! Love the part hat! He is adorable and the alcohol ink ocean is magical! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Rosmarie said...

Cool, this little shark! He has a mischievous look!
Thanks for visiting my blog and for the nice comment you left.
Good luck!
Rosi x

Mari K. said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining us in the Anything Goes challenge at Catch the Bug this week :)

Jen Leeflang said...

I love your background! Thanks for joining for our ANYTHING GOES challenge at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug blog this week! Good luck in the draw! Please join us again soon!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
BUGABOO DT

Min said...

Super cute card and that background is way too cool!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Catch The Bug Anything Goes challenge this week!
We hope you'll join us again today for our Summertime challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min - Bugaboo DT