Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy Birthday with New Stuff

Hello Everybody!

I hope everybody had a great and crafty National Scrapbook Day.  I spent Friday and Saturday at the Scrapbook Expo.  I took 101 and 102 book binding and met Melissa Francis!  She is super nice and so creative.

I also took a class from Clear Scraps and the owner is super awesome and thanked us for taking her class and supporting her business.  So of course I had to go check out her booth after the class.

So I got so much fun stuff and I was able to use some on this birthday card for a nice lady that my husband works with.

The papers are Pink Paisley.  The lady and banner are part of a stamp/framelet set by Tim Holtz.  It comes with an oval frame too.


Here is a close up.  I used some brown gems from Mon Ami Gabby-new!  :)  The butterfly is from Martha Stewart.  And you know the front cover that comes with paper packs?  That is where I die cut that butterfly from, the square showing the grey paper.  (Not that I am low one paper-that is not the case my friends-but if you can use it-why not?)


And this is light modeling paste with grey and yellow gelato blended in it.  And this Harlequin stencil-new from The Crafters Workshop.  I used some Weathered Wood and Tattered Twigs Distress in some places.  Oh and scattered straw for the yellow color on the banner.


I was totally inspired by the sketch at Retro Sketches for this card.  It is challenge #113 and here is the sketch:


Thank you all for stopping by and leaving sweet comments.  I really do appreciate it!  Also, I just started an InstaGram account (Iliketocutandpaste).  If you are on there check me out.  And if you follow me I will follow you!  :)  

Until next time my friends...good night! 


3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful! LOVING the diamond shapes and the cameo!!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is fabulous.. love the layers of pretty..

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

This is gorgeous Katy! love the cameo and the banner.. gorgeous layers too!