Friday, January 31, 2014

My Favorite Craft Storage Idea

Hello Everybody!

I am so excited as this is my first post as a DT member for Scrap It Girl.  I know-I can't stop smiling!

So Kimberly is starting a new thing (you may have seen my previous posts) called My Favorite Things.  Each post is about a different favorite thing.  Like last week it was about a favorite tool.  All you have to do is blog about your favorite thing and link it up.  New ones are posted every other week.

This week it is about a favorite craft storage idea.  Now let me tell you-I don't like to buy organization or storage.  To me that is less money to spend on goodies! LOL.  However, my cling stamp collection is growing at a rate that I am not able to keep up with.  So I looked at stuff online.  I even watch a few videos on how designers stored their stamps.  Then one day at Wal-mart I saw these pencil pouches.  I bought a few and a binder.  And so far I love it!


As you see I have my stamps in there.  For some of the pouches I left the paper in and put stamps in the front and in the "back" of the pouch.  On the left side those are in the back of the pouch.  Now some of those are Stampers Anonymous and they come on the nice clear pages but I have a hard time get my stamps to stick back to those.  So now every time I go to Wal-mart I go to the office supply section to see if they have anymore.  (They were currently out the last time I went.)  They are less than $1 a piece (unless the prices go up of course).

And this particular binder I bought at a garage sale for .25.  This has totally made my stamp life better :)  I just flip through the pages.  Now if I could organize them by events.... ;)

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...what's your favorite organizational thing?


2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea!! LOVE this!!!!

krcmasterpiece said...

I love your solution! I am having the same problem. I'll ck out my Walmart.

My favorite storage is for my paper scraps. A 3 drawer plastic cube-get 2 and stack them. Total 6 drawers. 1-white/cream, 2-black/brown, 3-DP, 4-red/pink, 5-purple/blue, 6-green/yellow.

It helps me use my scraps a lot better. Doesn't take up a lot of space.