Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January Tag

Hello Everybody!

I just finished my Tim Holtz January Tag.  Yay!  It was really fun to do.  I finally bought Pumice stain and distress ink-and let me tell you-I am so glad I did.  It really is a great grungy color to have.  I would say a must have color.

I used twine for the tie part of this tag.  I used a little black soot distress ink to make it darker.  I am also submitting this tag to Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes with Twine or String.

So here is my tag:



I used a stamp from 7 Gypsies for the numbers down the side.  I didn't have the rub-on that Tim uses.  I did try to blot it with a paper towel to give it a distressed look but it didn't get as distressed as I would have liked it.  I should have practiced first.  

I did flick the paint-that is so fun!  Also, it is like a mist.  Next time I will use my mist box-LOL.  There are a few things now that have black soot dots on them but it's ok.  :)


Here is a close up of the pocket watch.  My sister bought me the circles for Christmas and I am soooo glad she did!  It made doing this a whole lot easier!  I need more little gears though-my supply is running out.  And I love the way Tim makes these words from labels to like banners with the triangle cut on the end.  Why couldn't I think of that? ;)

My sentiment on the tag is different than his.  I couldn't find my enjoy the journey stamp but in searching for it I did run across this one.  It came in a birthday stamp set-but how perfect for January!

Thank you for stopping by!!  Until next time my friends...stay warm it's cold out there. :)

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh this is fabulous!!! I am loving those gears!!!!!!!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Awesome tag Katy! love the grungy look...perfect for a male.

Mandy said...

Fabulous tag Katy, I love the pocket watch.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Ivy (Ivette) said...

Nice job! I like this very much!
Ivette