Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Favorite Technique

Hello Everybody!

It's time for a new challenge at Technique Time Tuesday.  This month is special because instead of a new technique you can use a favorite technique that we have showed you over the year.  How exciting?  There are 11 different ones-which will you choose?  There's faux frame, embedded image, water stamping...so how could I choose?

I chose Smackin' Acetate:


I used Distress Markers (barn door and peeled paint), Fire Brick distress ink pad (I applied it first and directly to the acetate), and mowed lawn in the distress inker (it's the intense green on this card).  I sprayed a little water and SMACK!  Acetate and paper and this is the result.  I did use Tim Holtz's Watercolor paper.  It did not buckle like more normal cardstock did.

I then positioned the Peace mover and shaker.  I backed it with some black card stock so it would pop.  This card still wasn't finished though.  I sprayed silver Perfect Pearls Mist onto it.  You can see a little shimmer in the picture.

I am submitting this card into the following challenges:



I hope you all will play also!  Until next time my friends...Peace be with you.  :)

9 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow fabulous splash of color.. this is amazing..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh this is AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeee it!!!

Unknown said...

The Peace die is perfect with the color splotches from the Smackin' Acetate technique! :) Great job!

Mynn xx said...

Totally awesome, Katy! LOVE the colors you used and the fabulous sentiment! Just perfect! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Heather said...

A stunning card Kathy, a fabulous combination of colours inking and a beautiful die cut sentiment!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Carly said...

I love the painted look. Your logo is cute too! Is that new? I've not noticed it before.

stressfreestamping said...

This is one of my favorite techniques! I love your card. It is so young and fresh!

JD/ Jill said...

great card! like the colors...this is another technique that is new to me...have to check out the tutorial. So many things to learn...All I need is more time...LOL

Unknown said...

Wow Katy what great colors! I think this technique is so much fun!