Saturday, November 23, 2013

Mysterious Card...

Hello Everybody!

At Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge they are having a fun challenge called "It's a Mystery."  It's where you might use something or do something in a "mysterious" fashion.  Check out the DT projects too, they are fabulous!

So here is my card:


For the background  I used Tim Holtz's Distress paints=scattered straw, persimmon, walnut stain and a bit of peeled paint.  Then I used his distress ink walnut to distress the edges.  I didn't use any water for the background.  But the mystery is in the flower...I didn't emboss white cardstock for the flower.

The mystery is in the flowers.  I used the T.H. tattered floral die and cut the shapes out of Mon Ami Crepe paper.  Then I painted it with some of the diistress paint and again no water.  I used bronze for the flower int he very back.  Mystery solved!


For the sentiment I used a Tim Holtz mover and shaker shape and scattered straw distress ink.  Tim's little letters and some brown ink to outline the shape.

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends....what's your mystery?

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!!! LOVING that flower!!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

The crepe flower looks stunning
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Dan said...

What a great card! I love your subtly distressed background and the crepe paper technique you used on your flower is so effective. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

JD/ Jill said...

Your card is lovely with that pretty flower. I have that Tim Holtz die, and just sits in my drawer. I need to get it out and give this a try...Thanks for the inspiration!