Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Faux Frame

Hello Everybody!

It's the first Tuesday in November which means it's time to learn a cool new technique at Technique Time Tuesday.  This month it is Faux Frame.


Mynnette made a great video using the faux frame technique.  I only have a couple of nested frames for my Cuttlebug so I turned to my Cricut for help.  If you have the George cartridge you can use the Silhouette feature which makes a frame.  So you can make your main shape and then the frame for it all on the Cricut.  If you have cooler shapes and frames on other cartridges-use them!  :)

My stamp is from Sparkle N Sprinkle, and I colored her with Copics.  The flowers are little paper flowers from years ago-remember when they sold them in cute little bottle.  Yeah, they come in a little bottle.  I used Dusty Concorde Distress Ink for the frame and even on the paper flowers.  Also, I don't have a cool little dauber thing to spread ink with (I know-WHAT!) but instead used a paper towel over my finger to control the ink.  I tried my Ranger applicator first but I didn't have the control I wanted.

I can't wait to see what you make!  Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...it's faux frame time!  :)

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is fabulous!!!! LOVING the colors and love love love that 'frame' you created!!!!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is gorgeous.. love that image..

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful and I love the aubergine colouring.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Katy. I just adore that image and your colors! I'm a purple loving girl! Beautiful card!
Hugs
Ellen

Mynn xx said...

Purple--MY FAVORITE! ;) LOVE the great image and your wonderful coloring! This is so pretty! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week, friend! :) Mynn xx

Karen said...

Lovely card Katy...purple is my favorite color. This image is so unique and love the coloring. You did a great job with our faux frame challenge. - Karen

Carly said...

I love the variety of purples you used here!

Angi Barrs said...

Love the gorgeous color!