Monday, November 18, 2013

A Thankful Tree

Hello Everybody!
Wow-It has been a while since I have posted a creative project!  Where have I been?  I've been doing things for my son's birthday party that he had on Saturday.  I made a Lego Man Pinata and his lego goodie bags amongst other party related things.  So now I am doing Thanksgiving cards.  Eek!  Time's a-ticking!

The awesome folks at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge are doing Thanks/Thanksgiving for this week's challenge.  What better motivation?


Here is my Thansgiving card.  For the tree I used a tree top stamp from Gelatins.  I put scattered straw, spiced marmalade, and walnut stain on the stamp and stamped the tree.  Then I rolled the leaves that are falling and the ones on the ground.  I used a brown copic marker to make the tree.  The pattern paper is Bella Blvd along with some scrap cardstock and 3 gold sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...do you make Thanksgiving cards?

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

His party sounds like fun!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEE your card!! LOVING the colors and that tree!!!!!!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Katy, I love your tree it looks wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Kathy D. said...

I love the watercolor effect of this card!! Just beautiful.