Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Little Brew for You

Hello Everybody!

Beside my Tim tag that I just posted-it has been forever since I have posted projects.  On Tuesday I was hammering out Halloween cards that I think made it to most destinations on Halloween.  Hopefully!

I try to make cards for about 17 people-friends and family that we can't spend that much time with because of geography.  So as the deadline nears I go from making each card different to making many of the same cards.  Here is one of those examples:



The stamps (witches and sentiment) are from Great Impressions.  I used Tim Holtz's Distress paints for the backgrounds.  If you look closely you can see each one is different.  I used crushed olive, seedless perserves, ripe persimmon, and scattered straw for each one.  I LOVE this color combo.  I can't explain it but all of these colors are just gorgeous together!  I bought these paints at Simon Says Stamp.  

I used the same paints on the sentiments too.  I just painted them without water whereas the backgrounds I used water.  The Distress Paints react with water-so cool!  I used black soot around the edges of the painted backgrounds.  Then I used black embossing powder for the image.

These were lots of fun to make-and quick too!

I am entering this in the Anything Goes! challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show.  Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...don't drink too much brew.

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are soooooooooo fun! LOVING the witches!!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow these are amazing.. love how you added the color..

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I love silhouettes, so I was immediately drawn to these. I love how you created the backgrounds. Very creative! Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~ Michelle

Carly said...

The background is so neat!