Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Little Neon

Hello Everybody!

There's a challenge going on that uses Neon because it's trendy right now.  So I bought 2 pieces of neon paper.  Now for me this is unfamiliar territory.  I only had one neon shirt in the 80's and I haven't look back.  LOL!  So here it goes...


I used black embossing powder for my boom box which I think is from Imaginisce.  Spellbinders for my round pink frame and Coluzzle for my inside circle (this is an old tool I use when I don't feel like firing up the ol' cricut).  The 3 silver circles are Candis from Craftworkcards.  And a sticker that I had that now has a home. :)

The silver circles (like paper brads without the tail) are more the silver.  They call them twinkle and in the light you can see why...


Here are the challenges that I am submitting this card too:



Simon Says Stamp Challenge- Anything Goes!   This week they are showing Candi's so I had to use mine too! :)  

So thank you for stopping by to see my bright journey into Neon.  Maybe I will be able to use up the rest of this crazy paper.  LOL!  Until next time my friends...my future's so bright-I've gotta wear shades! :)

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this!! LOVING the colors and the Boom Box!!!

Nikki said...

That 'Boom Box' image brings back some memories. Thanks for playing along at Inkspirational this week.

Nikki

Annette Allen said...

LOVE those little embellishments and I love NEON too.. totally 80's right.. :) Have a wonderful Sunday..

~amy~ said...

Such the fun dude card! Thanks for playing with us at Let's Get Trendy Now! 3

Carly said...

Very 80's with the boom box. cute!

Yvonne Garner said...

You have captured the essence of NEON perfectly with your image and sentiment. Great take on our challenge. Thanks for joining us this week at Inkspirational!

yyam said...

This is really cool. Love the bits of neon.

Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now!3.

Mynn xx said...

Katy, this is TOTALLY awesome!!! LOVE the fun colors on the black--they POP! And those brads are awesome! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at Inkspirational! I hope you come back again soon! :) Mynn xx

Ruth M said...

What a fun card Katy and the neon is perfect with the boom box image! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inkspirational, please join us again soon! Ruth x

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Katy, love the neon it's so striking.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx

Sandy said...

Wow Dude - really cool!
sandy