Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Private Eyes

Hello Everybody!

A few days ago Cath at Moxie Fab had a great post about playing in the challenges for fun and not getting so wrapped up in winning.  And she's absolutely right.  I sometimes get all caught up in hoping I won.  It's really about the fun of it, and being able to create something.  And that is what this tag is.  Absolute fun!  Check it!

This tag is for the Spectacular Spectacles Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  There is still plenty of time, so after you see my tag, go and create and enter! :)

Scroll down and I'll show you some highlights!


Here's are the glasses, and in my case sunglasses.


I was practicing a technique for the tags using the distress stain.  This is fun in 4 bottles! :)  I need more colors!  So I didn't think that this tag showed the technique enough but I loved how it looked so it was good for this project.


Here is my colored tag.


Over the weekend we went to some thrift stores (SO FUN!)  And I bought this dictionary for $4.


I turned to page E and began to tear.  Yes, that is a diagram of an eye in the right hand corner.  Maybe I should have looked up sunglasses, but it was too late and I generally I just go for it.


These cute specs are from We R Memory Makers and I bought them with this challenge in mind.  And since they are trending right now, I have something in style--and least for a few minutes until the next thing comes along! ;)


This was from my Tidbit Tuesday piece.  Yellow boring seaming...


Now fun exciting seaming!



Here's my tag again.  I used a crown stamp from Hero Arts, the flower is left over from a Tim Holtz class a million years ago (at CKU), a heart bead, and letters from Authentique.  I distressed the dictionary page.  I have a book with quotes and that is how I came up with Private Eyes.  With sunglasses on...they are kind of private 8)  (that's my smiley with glasses).  Ok, I will stop now.  Until next time my friends....my future's so bright...I gotta wear shades.  Ok now I will stop ;)


5 comments:

Sandy said...

How cool and that you got the page from a dictionary so many great ideas in there all ready and waiting.. Love your finished tag. Looked like you did have fun making the tag. I love playing with it all its just so much fun hey. Sandy :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Very unique indeed!

Annette Allen said...

how fun...love those little glasses...

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Katy! Thanks for linking this up to the Spectacular Spectacles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lea L. said...

Pretty! Great job with the Moxie Fab Spectacular Spectacles challenge!!