Monday, May 14, 2012

Mom's Day Card

Hello Everybody!

Yesterday afternoon I made a card on the fly and wanted to share it with you all today.  I think it came out really good.  I'm sorry my pictures aren't better, but I made it in a hurry.

I am linking this up to Simon Says Stamp and Show: Anything Goes and For Fun Challenges: My Favorite Girl Challenge.

I used a dictionary page as the background.  It was M and on Mother.  :)  I distressed it with some Dusty Concord and Blue Jeans Distress Inks. I put some Recollections tape down the middle.  The bird is Recollections and I distressed it a little with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The flowers are some old Prima flowers-but I love them.  They are all satin and nice to touch!  I put a piece of lace and hooked a gem and the Wonderful coin from Tim Hotlz's collection.


The MOM is spelled out using letter beads.


I loved how this card turned out.  Maybe I should do more things on the fly ;)  Until next time my friends...have a good evening!

2 comments:

Helen Dooley said...

This is wonderful! Thanks for playing along on FOr fun!

Kathy D. said...

I like the vintage feel to the card. Very clever to use the page with the definition of mom on it!

Thanks for playing at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you tomorrow when the new challenge is posted.