Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Journey Tag

Hello Everybody!

This is my second post of the evening.  This tag is for the challenge at Studio L3.  It is the 3rd challenge from Tim Holtz's book A Compendium of Curiosities Volume 2.  There's still a day to play, so come on over!

The sponsor this week is Electic Paperie.  They are giving away a $25 gift certificate to their store. And they have some awesome stuff, so you know I hope I get it! ;)

Here is my tag using the Marbled Stains technique on Page 46.  Scroll down, and I'll show you some highlights!


Here is my newly acquired Distress Stain collection that I bought for this a future challenges.  I love this product!  I used more Stormy Blue than the other two in this particular tag.


Here's a close up of my tag.  The sentiment is Tim Holtz along with the memo pin and distress ink I used for the purple music notes on the bottom (dusty concorde).


The flowers are from Websters.  I have had them for a year and this is the first project I have used them.


The stamp is Tim Hotlz, the embossing powder is Sparkle N Sprinkle-Sienna.  The pointing finger is a rub-on from Prima and the ribbon is a scrap I had.



So here's my tag again.  The music notes tape is from Recollections.  Love it!  Until next time my friends...truly enjoy the journey :)



7 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Katy, this is fabulous!!! I love the misty purple marbling-- absolutely perfect!-- and the green flowers and orange sentiment compliment it perfectly. Beautiful use of color and texture, and a stunning piece for the CC2 Challenge!!!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Hi Katy, that's a pretty tag you've made! Happy day to you, xo Wendy

Michelle said...

What a beautiful tag!

Anonymous said...

Your tag is fabulous!

Sandra said...

Very pretty tag, love the beautiful marbled background. Such a cool technique!

Annette Allen said...

such an awesome tag...love how you used the distressing inks...

Angi Barrs said...

Adorable! Love the flowers.