Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Greetings from Sunny Florida Card

Hello Everybody!

So usually for Earth Day I make my friends and family Earth Day cards and send them out.  This year I am changing it up.  Easter took a lot out of me!  So this year I decided that instead of Earth Day cards (which is April 22nd) that I would make summer cards and send them out in June.  I have lots of beachy things (stickers, Cricut, etc.)

So to get me started on this summer journey, I found this inspiring sketch at Retro Sketches:


Here is my card:


The state of Florida and the sentiment are both stamps from Custer's Last Stamp.  The hammock is from A Muse Artstamps.  I stamped Florida on a transparency so that the paper would show through.  The paper is very Florida (but I don't know who made it-sorry).  I used colored pencils to color in the hammock stamp.  To my dismay I don't have a brown Copic marker!


Here is a picture of my card angled to show off the Florida outline.


And here is my card again.  Until next time my friends...get out the sunscreen!

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what an awesome fun card...great design..

Arielle H Gordon said...

SUPER FUN AND CUTE, Katy! Great idea about the summer cards, too! Thank you so much for joining us at RetroSketches this week!