Friday, February 10, 2012

Last Minute Valeninte's Inspiration

Hello Everybody!

Are you still making Valentine's for your loved ones?  I am happy to say that I am all done---18 cards later!  Whew!  I wanted to post a few that didn't fit any challenges.  Hopefully, if you need a little more inspiration, they will get you going in the right direction!

This first one was sort of inspired by my sketch from the Let's Scrap Blog Hop.  I made it then realized the ribbon was in the center and probably should have been off center.  I thought this looked great for a Valentine's Day card but didn't quite have the umf I was looking for to put it in the hop.  Supplies: The Paper Studio: Ribbon, Bazzill Cardstock, white cardstock, KI Memories Stamp for the sentiment, and a the embossing is from a Cuttlebug embossing folder.


This card I made for a twine contest over at CAS-ual Fridays awhile back.  You can kinda see the glue underneath the twine heart.  Again, a happy little Valentine's card, but not quite what I wanted to enter for the challenge.  The sentiment is black embossed and the twine is Martha Stewart.


As we quickly approach Feb 14th, time was running out for me.  So thankfully, my sister had gotten me some Tim Holtz masks which included this cupid.  I sprayed some Red Smooches (from my mom-in-law) and Voila!  Added my sentiment and a card is born!  I did use pink cardstock so the cupid would be pink.  These masks are great!

So I hope you liked these extra Valentine's Day cards.  Hopefully, yours are all done and you don't have to worry about it.

I'm gonna put away the red and get out the green...until next time my friends...time to get out the pot of gold--stamp that is!  :)

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

wow these are amazing Valentines cards...love your creativity...