Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Maps and Flowers Card

Hello Everybody!

Tonight I am sharing with you a card I am putting in 2 challenges.  Both were inspirations that help put this card together!

Moxie Fab WorldMap to Your Heart Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  This challenge is to use maps in an innovative way.  And there is still time to play so come on!

CAS-ual FridaysCFC34: Using chipboard.  This challenge is to use chipboard.  Go check it out!


Here is my card.  I took chipboard and covered it with maps from a map book.  I used My Mind's Eye Twine for the background-just wrapped it around the card.  The letters are from Kaiser Scrapbook/Kaiser Craft.  The center of my flower is a crystal sticker from Michael's.  Scroll on down, and I'll show you what I did!


Here is my map book or atlas :)  Yup 1996 and only $4.27.  Wow how things have changed! It looks like a cut a piece out for a previous project!  LOL!


My chosen maps.

My chipboard flowers which I don't know what brand they are, but I have had them for a long time.  :)


I put glue on the front of the flowers and spread it out.  I used a makeup sponge applicator because I want to make sure the glue gets all the way to the ends of the flower.  I used Glossy Accents, but a craft glue can do the same thing.  I did use a brayer to make sure there were no bubbles.


I used an exacto knife and scissors to make cut these out.  I did not punch out the centers.  There isn't any need to.

I inked the edges with a black Copic marker.  It's so nice to get into the small spaces!  The flowers needed something to stand out.  I like the maps and the miss you.  I think it's a sweet way to let someone know that you do miss 'em! :)  Until next time my friends...send a card to a far away pal!
 

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this is awesome...Love how you used the maps...

SandeeNC said...

I sent my map card to one of my friends too! Your card is cute!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you used the chipboard flowers for the map base to make a flower!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Katy! Thanks for linking this up to the Map of Your Heart Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)