Sunday, December 4, 2011

Santa Claus Christmas Card

Hello Everybody!

I hope you all are having a great weekend!  We have put up our tree and decorated so I am feeling really productive!  And Festive!

And being Festive I created this Santa Claus card for 2 Challenges:

1. City Crafter Challenge Blog Week #85: Santa is Coming...

2. Wee Memories WMC77: Free for All

Both are awesome blogs so please stop by!  For the City Crafter Challenge, we needed to use a Santa Claus which is what inspired this card...To see how I put it together, please scroll down!  :)



I used Core'dinations cardstock for the background.  You can see the different colors in the paper.  It's cool because when you emboss it, a different color comes through.


I dug out my old school Fiskars embossing plate.  It is the only embossing thing I have with snowflakes.  But I don't emboss my hand.  I use my CuttleBug and tape the paper to the embossing plate.  Then I stack up the inserts for the Cuttlebug...however Sizzix had a rubber mat that came with a beginning embossing set so I use that and then the B plate (all on top of an A plate) to emboss.  I am sure that is very confusing so if you have any questions, please let me know.  Anyways it works somehow....


And this is what I got after I used a sandpaper block and rubbed some of the raised snowflakes.


My Santa is a sticker from Me and My Big Ideas.  I mounted it on white cardstock and cut around it.  If I had put it directly on my embossed paper, the image wouldn't have turned out so bright.


Here's Santa...

So before I adhered the blue cardstock to the card, I wrapped Martha Stewart twine-red and green-around and made a bow.  I put Santa on and a Merry Christmas that I think my mom-and-law gave me (a pack of like sequin-ish Christmas things like that), and snowflake buttons.


Here's the inside with a great Ho Ho Ho! sentiment.  Until next time my friends....stay festive!

6 comments:

Betty Anne said...

I'm so happy you have joined us at Let's Scrap, Katy and I look forward to getting to know you and your family through your pages.
I love your card, the core'dinations cardstock and the embossing folder make the perfect background for the vintage Santa.

Ros said...

Lovely!! perfect for the challenge ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card. What a cute Santa. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

So CUTE! LOVE your technique with the embossing! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with CCCB!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

What a lovely card and thanks for sharing the embossing technique! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week!

Laurel said...

This is fabulous!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.