Sunday, December 25, 2011

Hello Friend Card

Hello Everybody!

Merry Christmas!  It's hard to believe it's almost over!  And then on to the New Year!  Well I have gotten lots of new scrappy things, and I am soooooo excited about sharing them with you!

This card I am entering into 2 challenges.  The first is Simon Says Stamp: Bingo Challenge.

The second challenge is at Wee Memories: WMC80 Anything Goes Challenge.



The first exciting thing I got was a Copic Air-Brushing Starter Kit.  WOW!  Does it take it up a notch!  So cool.  So I played with it today.  Then I looked at the Simon Says Stamp blog, and they are doing a challenge where one of the options is make your own paper.  Sweet!

So I went down with gems, no designer paper, and flowers.

Here's my card...Scroll down, and I'll show you what I did!


So here are my air-brushed papers.  I cut one to put on my card.


I added these flowers which are from Creative Impressions--Blossoms and Leaves.  These gems are some that I bought in the general craft part of the craft store.


On acetate I stamped "hello friend" with Staz On ink.  This stamp came in my stocking ;)  Then I put Making Memories square gems on each corner.  Underneath that is half of a small Zot.  All four gems have a 1/2 Zot underneath it so it will adhere to the card.


And here is my card.  If you look at the background, the green looks like stems for the flowers.  That was accidental--the best kind!  :)  Until next time my friends--keep crafting!

3 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Katy :-) Oohh how lovely to get some fab crafty stuff in your stocking !! I love the background you made and the green really does look like the flower stems ,, !
have fun playing with your new toy :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Annette Allen said...

wow this is just beautiful...

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Gorgeous background ! love ur technique . :) thank you for joining us at Wee Memories!