Friday, December 30, 2011

The Cable's Out!

Hello Everybody!

LOL Thankfully the real cable isn't out!  You'll see why I called this post that in a second.  First I want to thank  everybody who stops by!  My blog has reached a milestone of 2,000 views!  I am totally excited about that!  Thank you so much!  As the New Year is just about here, I am excited for the new projects I will make and share with everybody!

So this card was inspired by Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger: Stripe-tastic.  There's still time to play--Go check it out!




Also I am entering this card into the City Crafter Challenge Blog: Make the Cut CCCB#89 and Simon Says Stamp Challenge Anything Goes!  Go check out these awesome blogs as well!  There's still time to play!




So here is my card!  I got new Paper Smooches stamps for Christmas (from my wish list at Simon Says Stamp!  Thanks sis!)  And I have been really wanting to use them--I got the boob tubes set.  And I looked at the stripes.  And then I had to completely go through my die cut drawer (that is a story for another blog entry!)  And I saw the zig zags...and thus this card came together...Scroll on down and I'll show you what I did!


I stamped my square TV onto a scrap piece of white card stock.  You can see where I made a flower with it at some point.  I used Crayola markers and colored pencils to color it in.  I don't have a brown Copic marker :(  But no worries, I think it came out nice.  Then I cut it out.


Ok, let me tell you about these zig zags.  If you have been scrapping for a long time (say at least 10 years or so ago) you may have even seen these.  They came in a pack and each color sheet had zig zags, squares, squiggly lines, and other shapes.  I am not sure where all mine have gone, hopefully in scrapbooks of yonder year but here are some that remain.  I think Fiskars made them, but don't quote me...that packaging is long gone... So I cut these down to size and these are on my tv.  Like what sorta happens if your cable goes out ;)


Since I'm not using an 80 inch TV (haha!) I used tape to help keep the zig zags together so I could put them and the tv together.


I cut out the center of the tv to make a black center to build the zig zags on.  I know some of the background of the tv would show through, and I thought black just looked better.


So here is my TV.  I used pop dots and put it on a yellowish piece of scrap paper (I think it's from Making Memories).  Then I put it on a piece of Kraft paper.  The background is 7 Gypsies.  The sentiment I made up and hand wrote--I'm off without you!.  I used decorative scissors that were kind of wavy to bring that whole TV waves through the rest of the card.  I also inked the edges of the both pieces of Kraft paper.


Here's the inside.

Here's my finished card.  Until next time my friends....where's the remote control?  ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm old enough to remember when TV looked like this half the day!

Ros said...

So cute! ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB ... Happy New Year

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Katy! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is awesome, thanks for joining us this week at CCCB!

Unknown said...

Now isn't that clever.. I love it!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

So cute! Love that sentiment! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Cyndie said...

Oh, what a cute idea! Love what you have done with that TV!

Carly said...

Oh, I love the TV!!!