Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tidbit Tuesday--More than one way to use a Stamp!

Hello Everybody!

Halloween is fast approaching!  Do you have all of your cards done? Well, hurry if you don't!

I got out my Halloween stamps and one bunny stamp (I guess for variation?)   


I also got out my white paper and scissors and ink.

I stamped an owl.  This is a Martha Stewart stamp which I bought last year.  I was in Michael's last week, and they have these same stamps.  If they are not exactly the same, they are very close.  So if you want them...better hurry because I don't know if they are still there are not!

I cut out my owl.  Now he is a die-cut.  He can go where ever I need him to go--on a card or scrapbook page.

This is a nice technique in case your first stamp doesn't come out the way you want it to.  You have another chance to do it over.  If you stamp on your project, and it doesn't come out right, then you have to damage control.  If you are stamping on your desk, and it doesn't seem right, get out a foam board or mouse pad.  That can help make the stamp more even and your image clearer.

The next thing I have is a one inch circle punch.  Here I cut my circles out first.

My circles...

My little stamps--I inked them up and stamp them on the circles.

The easier way to do that is to stamp your spider (in this case)...

...and then use the whole punch to frame your image and then punch it out.

Now go and look at your stamps in a whole new way!  For instance my owl I can use pop dots underneath and make him 3-D!  Until next time my friends....keep stampin'!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I really like the owl stamp. It looks like you have a lot of cute stamps you're working with.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a nice comment on my card/blog.

I look forward to checking out more of your blog/projects.

Have a great day.