Friday, July 8, 2011

A Scrapbook Page--Just add a Shrinky Dink!

Hello Everybody!  I am so excited to share today's project with you! 

Last week when I went to the scrapbook store, I bought these embellishments by Little Yellow Bicycle.  They are printed shrinky dinks!  If you aren't familiar with Shrinky Dinks, they usually are special papers you get from the craft store, and you can draw or print on them.  Then you either put your design in the oven or you can use a heat gun.  I have some computer Shrinky Dinks, but I haven't played with them yet.  So when I saw these, I had to have them!



I selected and cut out the design I wanted. (Please don't look at my cluttered desk!)


There are directions on the package.  It curls and then straightens back out as I use my heat gun to shrink my cut out.  I put foil underneath to protect my surface.



Shrunk!  My "so cute" is a bit concave but it is so awesome.  I can't wait to use this!


So I got started on my page and forgot to take some beginning photos.  The base paper is My Mind's Eye.  It is from 2009 The Merry Days of Christmas collection.  This isn't a Christmas page, so I was quite surprised when this was Christmas paper.  That doesn't stop me from using it.  I love the blue and white circle design.

I place 2 strips of Making Memories's paper from Chloe's Closet in the middle of my base paper.  I took a class using Chloe's Closet, and the citrus colors make me so happy!  I have brads and printed transparencies from this collection, also.  I had a scrap of the yellow paper from last week's card and put that toward the top of the page to go behind my pictures.


The green paper went over the base paper due to the way I angled the green paper.  I trimmed off the extra.


Next I cut my journal block using a cream color cardstock that doesn't have any texture, so it is easy for me to write on.  It's about 2 1/2 inches wide.  I leave the original length of 12 inches because I don't know how much I am going to write.


To make my journal block stand out and not get "lost" in the patterned paper, I used light green and light blue Dew Drop Inks to color the edges.


I cut out a printed transparency and put it over a scrap paper which I think was Scenic Route.  I adhered it with brads from the Chloe's Closet collection.


This is a close up of my title.  I used Bazzill cardstock (handsome) and cut the top with decorative scissors.  I used Making Memories letters for the "at the" and then American Crafts letters for "Boardwalk."  These American Crafts letters are my favorite, and I have 2 packs of them.  (One which is slowly becoming empty.) 

There is my Shrinky Dink embellishment.  Yay!


Here is the finished page! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Handsome page for a handsome boy!

Anonymous said...

fab pages xx jo xx

Katy said...

Thank you!